We Are Sisters By Choice
Welcome to Sisters By Choice Inc. We are an innovative leader in breast cancer education, awareness and support for women diagnosed with breast cancer.
Sisters By Choice (SBC) was founded in 1989 by Dr. Rogsbert F. Phillips-Reed, a prominent Atlanta-based breast surgeon, SBC has evolved into a multi-faceted organization providing services for uninsured and underserved women.
SBC provides over 1000 free mammograms and breast exams to uninsured, unemployed and homeless women each year and provides free educational seminars, workshops, and health fairs to promote breast cancer awareness.
This year, one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and thousands will not receive lifesaving screenings and treatment because they either lack access or resources to receive quality breast care.
- The Sisters By Choice Mobile Breast Clinic will continue to provide breast services to uninsured women in Metro Atlanta areas strive to extend services to rural areas in Georgia.
- Grow the Annual Pink Ribbon Walk.
- Support the Annual Three Day Breast Cancer Awareness Weekend.
- Commit to growing SBC Homeless Project.
- Develop SBC Breast Cancer Disparity Program.
- Develop Program for metastatic Breast Cancer.
- Sponsorship and participation in Community Health Fairs.
- Develop SBC Chapters nationally.
To significantly reduce the incidence and severity of breast cancer by delivering innovative programs that:
- Increase breast cancer awareness, education, and early detection.
- Provide treatment programs for underserved and uninsured men and women.
- Establish a network of support group chapters that provide resources, information and counsel to individuals diagnosed with breast cancer and their families.
- To continue to be a leading provider of innovative programs that educate the public about breast cancer.
- To support men and women diagnosed with breast cancer and their families.
- To partner with other breast health advocacy groups to help eradicate the disease.