NOW – Saturday August 15, 2020
THE PINK RIBBON 5K Run/Walk is going VIRTUAL!
The health and safety of our supporters and volunteers are our #1 priority. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other health authorities and have changed our 16th annual Sisters By Choice (SBC) Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk fundraiser to a virtual event.
Rather than hosting a physical walk, we are unveiling fun, creative ways to celebrate together with a virtual experience! 100% of the proceeds from the event will still go towards the operational cost of SBC Mobile Breast Clinic.
You can conduct YOUR own 5K Race/Walk between July 18 and August 15, 2020.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
NOW Online registration is open
- June 12 – Registration Begins $45 fee children 6 and under – FREE
- August 14 – Registration Ends
- July 18 – Virtual Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk Kick Off
- August 15 – Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk Fundraising Ends/Celebration
- Once registered, you will receive a registration confirmation email.
- Virtual run/walk in a safe social distance between July 18th – August 15th.
- Use a running/walking tracking app via smartphone or a smartwatch to track your progress while on your run/walk between July 18th and August 15th. Some popular tracking apps are Runkeeper, Map My Run, and Strava. Take a screenshot of your distance and finish time once you complete the run/walk.
- Trek Around A Track 12.5 times ~5k
- 5,500 Steps ~ 5k
- Once you have completed your 5K, access the results page here: https://results.raceroster.com/results/55bms7m29uxtjq39
- Upload a photo of your results to show proof of your finish time. The photo can be:
- Screenshot of your preferred tracking app via smartphone, or smart watch
- Photo of your smartwatch displaying your results
- Upload photos of you and/or your team to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You can also use the hashtag #PRRW2020
- The race t-shirts and medals will be distributed after August 15th
THE FIRST 100 PEOPLE TO CROSS THE FINISH LINE WILL RECEIVE A MEDAL!
SISTERS BY CHOICE MOBILE BREAST CLINIC
In 2015 Sisters By Choice built a state-of-the-art mobile breast clinic. Unlike most mobile mammography clinics, the SBC Mobile Breast Clinic provides full service care with a breast specialist or physician assistant on site. Those services include breast examinations, digital mammograms and remote radiology support, and comprehensive diagnostic testing, patient navigation, prevention education, and treatment referral.
All proceeds from the 5K Run-Walk help the operational costs of the Sisters By Choice’s Mobile Breast Clinic. The full service breast clinic travels throughout the state of Georgia to provide women and men who are uninsured, under-insured and medically under-served FREE access to quality breast care. The mobile breast clinic is a state-of-the art facility unlike anything else in Georgia.
The Sisters By Choice’s Mobile Breast partners with health agencies and civic organizations providing breast cancer screening and breast cancer education. We continue to look for partners to help us deliver health and hope on the road. We will inspire strength and encourage change.
If you are interested in partnering with the Sisters By Choice Mobile Breast Clinic contact us at 770-987-2951.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to ALL our Sponsors!
- The WSB-TV Family2Family Project
- Nissan of Union City
- New Life Presbyterian Church
- Naomi Kirkman Bey
- Metro Surgical Associates
- Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia
- City of Atlanta
- Comfort Zone
- Pollo Compero
- Ernst Concrete
- A1 Limousine
- GEORGIA POWER
- Wayfield Foods
- Smoothe Ashlar
- Radio One
- Myriad Genetic